Collection and use of data
2. Door2Tour.com can obtain personal data from you from a number of different sources:
i. When you search for or purchase Tours with Operators through the Website.
ii. When you make a reservation or book a Tour with an Operator through our customer reservation team by telephone.
iii. When you subscribe to the Door2Tour.com newsletter, participate in the Door2Tour.com holiday feedback, or submit for Door2Tour.com's attention the 'Contact Us' or 'Trade' forms.
3. In order to complete your booking with Operators having visited the Door2Tour.com Website, Door2Tour.com will need to collect information about you to pass on to the Operator's systems in order to provide you with the service you expect. This information may include, but is not limited to, details such as your name, your address, postcode, email address and telephone number. If you wish to book via the telephone, then in order to complete your booking with the Operator then we will need to take this information from you in order to process the booking. We will also need to take credit card information from you so that payment can be made to the Operator for your booking. We will also collect and use your credit card details to process the payment of the booking fee that Door2Tour.com charges for processing the booking for you over the telephone. Such details will be kept secure whilst handling to ensure that Door2Tour.com meets PCI compliancy standards for collecting and using credit card information. Please note that we do not write down your credit card details as the information is input straight into the secure online payment system for booking with the Operator and into our Barclays payment system for the purposes of processing the booking fee. We do not therefore store your credit card details at Door2Tour.com.
4. Door2Tour.com may disclose your data to certain permitted third parties (including the Operators), such as members of the Door2Tour.com group, Door2Tour.com's own professional advisers who are bound by confidentiality codes, and when Door2Tour.com is legally obliged to disclose your data.
5. By subscribing to the Door2Tour.com e-newsletter you consent to receive this from Door2Tour.com by email as well as details of other special offers from Door2Tour.com that Door2Tour.com thinks may be of interest to you.
6. By submitting to Door2Tour.com your holiday feedback form you consent for Door2Tour.com to use the information supplied to Door2Tour.com in customer testimonials, as well as any other media that you have chosen to supply by you. Where this is the case, your personal details such as address and contact details will not be displayed. Door2Tour.com retains the right not to feature specific feedback or comments on the Website.
7. You have the right to ask Door2Tour.com not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You also have the right to access information held about you by Door2Tour.com. Your right to access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, as amended from time to time, and any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet Door2Tour.com's costs in providing you with details on the personal data we hold about you.
8. Door2Tour.com operates in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, and any amendments thereto, and is notified to the Information Commissioner in accordance with Data Protection legislation and guidance.
a) Session cookies: Effectively, these record the electronic conversation that you have with the Door2Tour.com Website and reminds the Website where you were in that conversation. For example, if you save a Tour to your View My Tours page it will still be there when you have looked at other pages. These also allow Door2Tour.com to return search results that are relevant to your geographic location. Session cookies are purely required for the Website to function and are in no way used to identify your personal information.
b) Permanent cookies: Many sites apply permanent cookies. These store a few numbers on your hard drive, which are visible by looking in the cookies directory of your browser installation. They last for a long time and every time you visit the Website you send a copy of them to Door2Tour.com, which allows Door2Tour.com to identify you between visits. These are what allows Door2Tour.com to show you the Tours in the View My Tours page after you have logged off should you return later. They are not essential for the functioning of the Website but will greatly improve your Website experience. We do not store any personal data in these cookies, just a unique number that identifies you to us.
You may at any time unsubscribe to the Door2Tour.com newsletter. Details of this can be found in our FAQs.
If you change your contact details, please send an email with your new details to email@example.com. If you need to modify or change your personal details after you have made a purchase with an Operator via Website, please also notify the Operator running the Tour as soon as possible.
If you have any questions or concerns about the information Door2Tour.com holds about you, you may email Door2Tour.com at firstname.lastname@example.org.