Armed Forces Day in the United Kingdom is a military event celebrated in honor of the many brave men and women who are giving or have given their services in the British Armed Forces. It was formerly known as veteran’s day and was first celebrated in the year 2006. In 2009, it took the name of Armed Forces Day and now, is largely celebrated on the last Saturday of June but some places may celebrate it near to this date.
On 25th June 2016, the United Kingdom is celebrating its 11th Armed Forces Day all across the country but it will be centred around Cleethorpes in Northeast Lincolnshire. The county does celebrate the day every year with great enthusiasm but this year, they have been given the honour of being the centre of the celebration.
The day will include:
- A formal parade at Cleethorpes
- Air display (details unknown)
- An amazing military show at Meridian Park
- Music and entertainment for the whole family
- A display of military assets throughout the resort and a display of all the key villages near the Boating Lake area.
A week before the event, there will be a lot of other activities happening in the county. Join and show your support for your troops.
- Monday 20th June – The arrival of the Armed Forces’ flag to Lincolnshire and flag raising ceremony in the three villages of Cleethorpes, Immingham and Grimsby.
- Tuesday 21st June – To be decided.
- Wednesday 22nd June – Reserves Day and Cadet Games.
- Thursday 23rd June – To be decided.
- Saturday 25th June – Armed Forces Day National Event.
- Sunday 26th June – Family Fun day.
Cleethorpes Beach Resort welcomes everyone to come and join the fun this week and help honour and support the brave men and women of the United Kingdom.